10 Reasons why Pilates helps you to become a Happy Being
1. Posture – Pilates will get you standing tall, looking younger (no more
Quasimodo look) and breathing properly.
2. Pilates can help to end those shoulder problems such as Rotator Cuff
Impingement, Frozen Shoulder and Shoulder Instability. Some muscles in our
upper back and shoulders get lazy others very tight. Pilates strengthens the lazy
ones and releases the tight ones. Your shoulders will love it.
3. Hip, knee, ankle, foot mobility – Pilates works with the ligaments, tendons
and muscles around these joints keeping them mobile, building strength and in
turn leading to better balance and function in these three areas. Whatever your
level of mobility and age Pilates can help here.
4. Lower Back Pain – would you like to heal an achy, stiff lower back
particularly felt in the mornings when getting out of bed? Pilates will help realign the
5 lumbar vertebra and get those postural core muscles switching on.
5. Sciatic Pain – a trapped sciatic nerve can give you lots of discomfort around
the hip, pelvis and back of upper leg at worst you will feel pain running down into
your lower leg. Specific Pilates moves will release the muscles around the lower
back, pelvis and hip allowing the sciatic nerve to run freely.
6. Pain in the neck – can’t turn your neck? Slow flowing Pilates movements can
release tight muscles and vertebrae that are out of alignment in this area.
7. Tone up! – Everyone wants to have those abs toned thats only natural and
you’ve guessed it Pilates will help.
8. Building strength to protect against the onset of Osteoporosis and
relieve the symptoms of Osteoarthritis – regular Pilates classes help keep
bones healthy. As we get older our bone density naturally reduces using for
example light weights in a Pilates class will help strengthen and prevent bones from
deteriorating further. Pilates exercises build up muscle and strengthen the joints.
9. Sprains and strains – recovering from a ligament sprain or muscle strain. At
the right time Pilates will build up strength and flexibility again in the area that’s
10. Feeling good (mind+body in balance) – after a Pilates class focusing on
the mind, breath and body you will come away feeling good. Come try a class now
at Happy Being. Contact email@example.com