Spring clean the mind and make more of your time
As we enter April; the start of new beginning’s, budding flowers and the anticipation of brighter days
and dare I say it…warmer weather, I want to encourage you to make time to not only spring clean
your house, but also your mind.
Use this opportunity not to focus on things you haven’t achieved or finished, but to start afresh and
have a think about what you want to get out of the coming months.
You may be in the middle of a very busy period at work, under pressure with family/childcare
commitments, or perhaps you are stuck in limbo and don’t know what’s next.
One of the biggest issues for getting things done is time and how we use it. We are all busy, but
where can we make more use of the time that we do have? Hold yourself accountable for the things
you want to do and want to achieve but be realistic.
Here are some helpful tips to help you accomplish more and have the ability to think clearly…
- Keep a journal – record/listing what you want to achieve that day. Write down any worries or concerns you have, and review it later on in the day – is it really so bad?
- Go to bed half an hour earlier – An hour if you can! And get up half an hour earlier. The extra time you have in the morning can be used for something productive before your ‘normal
day’ has begun – you will be amazed at how positive this will make you feel.
- Get more fresh air – can you walk to work? If so, why not start by committing to do one
journey per week on foot? Use this time to listen to music, a podcast or even to walk in
silence…this is an incredible way to clear the mind or organise your thoughts for the day
- Set small goals – ones that you can tick off easily. Every little goal is a step closer to what
you’re looking to achieve.
- Use essential oils – Rose, Frankincense, Lavender, Bergamot, Chamomile – all great oils for
calming and soothing. You could use these in a number of ways…oil burner, in the shower
(add a couple of drops to the floor of the shower and it will create an essential oil steam), or
put a couple of drops on a handkerchief to inhale on the go.
- Get a massage – come and see me at Happy Being for a relaxing Aromatherapy massage!
Email me at email@example.com or call 07905 777685.
01 Jan 2019 - Massage