This unique workout combines the elements of Pilates, yoga, resistance training and ballet into a highly effective regime performed on the mat and at a ballet barre. The technique utilises the body’s own resistance in conjunction with weights, bands and small balls. The effect is a long, lean dancers body without being a dancer.
What to expect in your BarreConcept class:
- We will focus on precision and proper form; you’ll do smaller, slower movements, but you’ll definitely feel them because you’re isolating specific muscle groups you’re not used to using.
- You will feel the burn; it’s not going to feel easy, even if you think you’re in good shape. Don’t feel intimidated, just try to enjoy it!
- It’s ballet inspired, but don’t be alarmed, it’s not ballet; you don’t need a prior dance experiencer, you don’t even have to be familiar with the ballet barre. You’ll work your glutes and your legs in standing positions, and you’ll also get on the floor, underneath the barre, to work your upper body and isolate your core.
- It’s a great full body workout; the classes are all about strength and flexibility and fun.
Our 55 minute class comprises:
- Aerobic warm up in the centre,
- Ballet inspired barre toning exercises to tone the thighs and lift the butt,
- Free weights to sculpt the arms,
- Floorwork strengthening exercises to flatten the abdominals,
- Final stretches to cool down and lengthen the muscles.